AWS re:Invent is one of the largest technical conferences in the world. In the cloud space, it is the go-to event. This week there will be tens of thousands of attendees in Las Vegas, Nevada. The FusionAuth team will be among them, and we’d love to see you there!
Why the team is attending
We’re going to re:Invent for many reasons.
One is that FusionAuth and our clients often deploy on the AWS public cloud. Some clients use vanilla EC2 instances with RDS, others deploy on solutions like EKS and Fargate (yes, FusionAuth supports Kubernetes).
AWS re:Invent is an opportunity to meet developers where they are, both during talks and in the ever-present hallway track. We look forward to exchanging knowledge and ideas with folks building on the AWS platform.
We’re also excited to chat with attendees about authentication. We like to hear from developers about what they are building on top of solutions like FusionAuth, Auth0 and Cognito.
We’re also looking forward to some AWS re:Invent sessions.
Exciting ones include:
- SEC209 | Modernize authorization: Lessons from cryptography and authentication
- DAT333 | Building highly resilient applications with Amazon DynamoDB
- SEC322 | Integrate apps with Amazon Cognito and Amazon Verified Permissions
- BOA209 | Build verifiable and effective application authorization in 40 minutes
Of course, it isn’t all education. There’s also fun to be had!
One fun thing to do is join Corey Quinn’s annual nature walk where he skewers Expo vendors. This is happening on Wednesday at 1pm.
There are also numerous parties. If you are attending AWS, chances are at least one vendor has emailed you with an invite. This Twitter account, @reInventParties, is a great way to discover additional opportunities for fun. Speaking of events our Afterparty for Rockstars, will let you party like a rockstar, where the music is loud, the drinks are flowing, and the energy is off the charts!
Finally, if nature is your thing, we’ve heard Red Rock Canyon has good hiking and climbing.
Person On The Street
Have you ever wanted to be one of those people in Vegas that they walk up to and ask questions to win prizes? Well, you are in luck because from the moment my shoes hit the ground at re:Invent this year I will be recording all the action. I will be asking some hard-to-answer questions about Authentication, but when you get the answer right you will win swag at our booth #152.
Meet up with FusionAuth
If you want to meet up with the FusionAuth team at re:Invent this week, we’re around and ready to chat. Find us in a couple of places:
- We’re having a Party on Wednesday, November 29 at ROCKHOUSE.
- We have booth #152 in the Expo hall near the walkway to Caesars Forum. If you see Red Hat and Cockroach Labs, you are in the right place! There’s no public map for the 2023 re:Invent Expo yet, but here’s the page. Brave the madness and come say hi for a demo of biometric authentication, chat about the intricacies of the Authorization Code grant, or sign up for giveaways. You can also get VIP access to the aforementioned party at ROCKHOUSE.
- If you want to meet with a team member to discuss how FusionAuth can help you in more detail, visit our 2023 AWS re:Invent page and click on Schedule a Meeting.
- Finally, we’ll be out and about as well. Send us a note via our contact form or post to us on X (yeah that used to say tweet).