FusionAuth is a fast growing, privately held startup headquartered in Denver. We are expanding our team to help accelerate our growth and take FusionAuth to the next level.
Our mission is to make authentication and authorization simple and secure for every developer. This means helping developers discover and embrace the best CIAM (Customer Identity and Access Management) solution in the world. If you are passionate about software and communicating with developer peers, and want to make a difference, FusionAuth might be a perfect fit for you.
We are recruiting a Solution Architect to help customers understand and properly implement FusionAuth’s solution. You should be interested in the authentication, authorization and user management space. You should be seasoned at writing clear code and documentation. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, fast worker and excited about growing a company from the ground up.
You will report directly to the CTO. You can work remotely anywhere in the USA.
Help our customers succeed by helping them solve technical problems around authentication, authorization, and related application architecture, both pre- and post-sale.
Additionally, you will:
- Provide additional technical expertise in the sales process, serving as a backstop to our sales engineers. This includes hopping on calls as required by the sales team or reviewing and answering technical questions the technical sales team has. You won’t be the first technical contact, but you should strive to be the last.
- Provide additional technical expertise in the implementation process, serving as a backstop to our customer success engineers. This includes architecture reviews, proof of concept testing, and driving support tickets to conclusion. You won’t be the first technical contact, but you should strive to be the last.
- Own the customer’s technical transition from sales support to technical support. This includes setting up, running and owning any technical deliverables from kickoff calls.
- Code up proof of concept solutions, record explanatory videos, or create architecture diagrams to provide accurate guidance to customers about solving their problems with FusionAuth.
- Reify customer questions and feedback into documentation, feature requests (on GitHub), case studies and quickstarts.
- Be aware of upsell opportunities and pass them off to the sales team.
At the end of 30 days you will own the transition process and have familiarized yourself with FusionAuth’s capabilities. At the end of 90 days you will have published a sample architecture and coded up one or more proof of concepts.
The requirements for this position include:
- Demonstrated experience interacting with customers and possible customers
- Proficient in software engineering (mid to senior level)
- Self starter
- Ability to learn new technologies and skills quickly
- Able to jump into new or existing code bases quickly
You should have experience with most of the following:
- Modern Java (you’ll be reading it far more than writing it)
- One of the languages for which FusionAuth has a client library
- Modern application architecture
In addition, you will have:
- Experience with security or authentication/authorization/identity management
- The ability and desire to become an expert in FusionAuth
- Communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Salary & Benefits
- Salary range: $150-180K
- Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision
- Bonus: Up to 10% depending on how well the company performs
- 401k: Yes!
- Education benefit: Yes!
- Stock options: Yes!
- Vacation: Flexible! Take what you need. :)