Add Email as a second factor
This feature is only available in paid plans. Please visit our pricing page to learn more.
Available since 1.26.0
Add a Two Factor Method - Email
Email two factor is not enabled by default. Configure your tenant by navigating to Tenants -> Edit Tenant -> Multi-Factor.
Enable MFA method on Tenant (Admin Facing)
You can enable SMS MFA on the tenant level by following these steps:
- Toggle this MFA method by clicking
- Select a two factor authentication template (FusionAuth ships with a default to be customized if needed)
Enable Email Factor from Account Management (User Facing)
- Navigate back to your account page.
- There will be an option for Email.
- Enter your email address.
- Click on
Send a one-time-code
- Enter the
Recovery Codes (User Facing)
Now you will be presented with recovery codes. Save these in a safe space.
Upon the next login, you will be prompted for an emailed code in addition to your password.
See It in Action (User Facing)
With email MFA enabled, if you log out and log back in you will be presented with the following screen in addition to the typical login screen.